I always thought that you had to dry herbs. I had a TON of rosemary to pull before it frosted over and I decided to look on pinterest and see if there was another way to preserve it for use later in the season. I was surprised to see you can freeze it and it’s easy peasy! Try it for yourself!
What you’ll need:
- Sheers to clip the branches of rosemary off the plant
- A place to wash the rosemary
- Towels to pat dry
- Space to lay them flat to dry for up to 8 hours
- Freezer bags
What you’ll do:
- Cut full branches of rosemary off of your plant.
- Wash thoroughly.\
- Pat dry and leave out on a flat dry surface until all branches are completely dry.
- Pull the leaves off the branch, toss the branch.
- Put the leaves in freezer bags and label/date them.